Friday, September 19, 2008

Redemption

Have you ever really sat down and thought about what it is that God saved you from? Even the small behaviors that needed a touch of His grace? I have often thought that because I didn't have a dramatic story, then maybe I wasn't "so bad". Well, today I found a tape of me and an old friend of mine named Heather from middle school. We fell out of touch years ago, but I thought it would be fun to listen to this tape. A good chunk of the tape is us bashing another friend of ours that we hung out with a lot. I know this was like, 12 years ago, but I had this "aha" moment where I realized it was this that I was saved from. I'm not saying I'm guilt-free in the gossip and judgement area, but in hindsight, I realized the weight of my words. I found pleasure in making myself feel better about myself by making fun of someone  else. 

Jesus has certainly saved me from a lot. While it's fun to take a stroll down memory lane, I am also grateful that I have turned my life around!

In His Mercy.

No comments: