Monday, February 15, 2010

The Rail

A couple of Sundays ago, I was sitting behind two sweet little girls at church. During the morning prayer, the altar rail is open for people to come kneel and pray. Well, one of the little girls ran to the altar and a few seconds later, her friend runs after her and plants herself down next to her. I see them both look to their right to observe the actions of others at the rail.

I sat there and smiled as I watched all of this go down. Two thoughts came to mind. One, why are we not all running to be with the Lord? Maybe these little girls didn't fully understand what they were doing, but I have to believe that somewhere in their innocent hearts, they understood that praying at the altar rail was a good and right thing to do. I don't run to the Lord enough. I need to be running to the Lord on a daily basis. I can learn from those two sweet girls what it means to have a child-like faith.

The second thought that came to mind is how important it is as adults to set an example for the kids around us. Those girls immediately looked around to see what the adults where doing and did as they did. How precious. Am I setting an example for kids? I hope so. Everyday that I am in my preschool classroom, I constantly have to remind myself to be patient and to take deep breaths. My actions and emotions are examples to the little ones around me.

So yes, we need to learn from the kids in our lives as we set an example for them as well=) I love how God uses kids to teach me!

In His Mercy.

No comments: