Thursday, July 12, 2007

Random Ramblings

Prayer request: My grandma is not doing so well. She was diagnosed with cancer back in November. It has since spread and her health is declining faster than we originally thought it would. My mom and her sister have already been discussing funeral plans with her and I have been asked to sing at the funeral. My grandma has yet to really realize how sick she is. It's been really hard on my mom and aunt and me, for that matter. PLease pray that my grandma would find a peace in the Lord in this and pray for my family as we discern what to do from day to day. Thanks...

Something that I am also still trying to process through is David and I's experience with prophetic prayer a week ago. We met up with a couple that Davd knows in Memphis and before we all parted ways, we prayed together. The wife started praying for me and asked God to continue to foster my gift of intercessory prayer. Well, this made my mind, considering that I always struggled in my prayer life. More specifically, I struggle with praying with people. Well, when Allison was praying this over me, my mind just started spinning. Maybe my "struggle" has more to do with my own insecurities and not a matter of God not gifting me with prayer. I think that when I know that I'll be praying with other people, something inside of me freezes up and I immediately start planning out what I'm going to say. Really, this is not what prayer should be. Prayer isn't about the words we say, but the heart behind them and the Spirit inspiring them. Anyway, my experience with this prophetic prayer was very powerful!!!

I need prayer, guys. My heart is heavy with family things, things that I know I have to face in the very near future, and holding on to the peace that David and I have together when we're apart- sometimes long distance just plain sucks! But I love him, and I trust that the Lord will continue to move us forward and bind our hearts together.

In His Mercy.

No comments: