Thursday, July 5, 2007

Love Part Deux

I've written a lot about love lately, mostly because love is just on my heart<3 I've been thinking about how godly love is in the context of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. When the relationship is right, then it's only because of God. It has to be. I look at what David and I have and pretty much, I don't think we could possibly love each other if it wasn't for the Lord being the center of our lives and the center of our relationship. If something that powerful wasn't binding our hearts together, I don't think we would make it. And to me, that is a beautiful statement about what we have.

I read this verse a couple of days ago that I want to share: "May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." (Psalm 33:22) When I read this verse, the image that came into my mind was a blanket completely covering me. God's love rests on our hearts and is so powerful that it begins to course through our veins. It holds us together, if we let it. Because of God's love, we are able to love ourselves, our families, and the people around us. As long as David and I let God's love rest on us and bind our hearts together, then we'll be ok. And to me, that's a beautiful thing=)

In His Mercy...

No comments: