Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Almost Done

I learned a very important lesson about ministry Friday night. I think that I had myself convinced that because I am young, I can wear myself down all week, get a descent night's sleep for one night, and be good to go. Either I'm getting old or this theory of mine needs some tweaking- I'm going with the latter. I had my family fun night on Friday night. I got to the church at 1 in the afternoon to go shopping with Melissa for food and decorations and then back to the church to set-up. By the end of the night, I was exhausted-partly from not getting enough sleep that week and partly because in the midst of it all,I didn't eat anything. Aaron walks up to me at 8:30 and says, "I can't wait for you to plan a couple more next semester!" My only response in that moment was to cry. Seriously, I just started to cry. This was just one event. Being in full-time ministry is more demanding than that! It made me realize the importance of having a regular schedule when I get a job. God reminded me that ministry is not only theological and biblical, but it's practical as well.

If there's one question that God has been asking me lately it's, "Why aren't you going deeper with me?" Well, God, I don't know. I want to. I desire to. I NEED to. My heart is crying for that something deeper. I'm so hungry and thirsty and I don't know whether I need to feed myself or go and get fed. All I know is that I need to go deeper. I want to feast, not just nibble. I want to drink so much that I'm overflowing. I want to stop with this spiritual snacking....

More love, More power
More of you in my life...

In His Mercy.

2 comments:

David Wofford said...

I prefer to select the 'former'....

...snicker, snicker!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Well if I'm old, then what are you??? ;-)