Friday, May 18, 2007

Caught up in the Whirlwind

So I'm home in Connecticut for the next week and a hlaf. I feel like this past semester was all about being on the move and trying to stay on top of all the work I had to do. So it's nice to be home, just me and the dog for a whole week, thinking about and processing through the past 4 1/2 months. This could take a few entries=) Today I had to go to the mall. Inevitably, I forgot to pack some things and unfortunatly, it meant a trip to the mall on a rainy day- all I wanted to do was stay in, watch tv, and enjoy my Dunkin Donuts coffee. I had to drive all the way across town and it was as if the first 18 years of my life passed by my eyes. I passed by my middle school, my high school, the high school hang outs, etc. It's weird knowing that life has taken me places that I never would have imagined, but that this town was where I lived for my whole life before I went off to college and then grad school. I feel attached to this town, but somehow so utterly DE-tached at the same time. I have no idea if that even makes any sense.

So apparently this was not a "process my semester" entry...but I guess I haven't processed anything yet...

My praise for this week: seeing God's grace and mercy so tangibly played out in someone else's life. The Lord never ceases to amaze me!

In His Mercy...

No comments: