Saturday, June 30, 2007

Heavier Things

NO,this entry is not a tribute to John Mayer.

Yesterday was the day of heavy things. I found out two pieces of news, one right after the other that drained me. I had no energy to do anything, but I forced myself to go for a drive and run soem random errands that had to get done. I feel like these past 6 months have been such a challenge- if it wasn't one thing, it was another. I keep waiting for life to get easier, but it doesn't and I guess it's not supposed to. Isn't that what being an adult is about? Don't get me wrong- my life is good. All the fancy words in the world couldn't describe how amazing my life is- so I'll settle for "good." I have amazing support systems in my life, people who carry my burdens with me and are there for me.

So back to yesterday. I had volunteered last Sunday to help out with a family night that was last night. Well, I didn't want to go becase of how much the day had eaten away at me.I called Melissa (children's pastor) to see if it had been called off because of weather, but it was still on. I sucked it up, turned on some worship music, and drove into Lexington. It's incredible how God works. Those kids have a way of lifting my spirits in such a therepeutic way. David and I talked about it when I got home and he pointed out that that is just how God created me. Despite the fact that I had three elementary school girls painting all over my face and despite how they stained one of my favorite shirts because of it, I still went home with such joy in my heart. God has created me to have a passion for loving kids and ministering to them and I am honored to do so!

Life may be about the heavier things right now, but my God is faithful and He will carry me through...

In His Mercy.

1 comment:

David Wofford said...

only two more days...