Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm Pressing On

Church was awesome today.It was a kingdom service, which meant all three services were there-which in turn meant a trilingual service.There was communion, singing, and a sermon that got me thinking....

Aaron talked about leaving the past in the past and the importance of forgiveness.One thing that he said was that we can't let who we were beat-up who we are.It's so easy to clutch onto guilt and shame of things we have done wrong.I can make a whole list of all the ways I've screwed-up in just this past year! But what is the point of that? When we don't forgive-either ourselves or others- we carry this emotional and mental baggage that can just eat away at our hearts- and this gives the devil a ncie little foothold! God's Word says that there is no condemantion for those who are in Christ Jesus.That's the beauty of grace-it's completely unfair.

So yes,there are things in my life that I'm not proud of, but I can't dwell on those things.The fact of the matter is, if I could go back and change any of those things, I wouldn't.Those things have shaped my character, my heart,and my faith.In fact, it was because of a colossal mistake when I was 15 that I became a Christian.After two years of some serious soul-searching, I fell on my knees one night and gave my life to the Lord.I think that those things that we repent of are opportunities- to a deeper faith, to be made new day in and day out.Life is amazing like that-it is so full of opportunities and that makes me excited to see what God has in store for me! Yeah,I'll mess up again, plenty of times! But God is a God of grace, mercy, forgiveness,and new life! There is always room to grow...

In His Mercy...

1 comment:

maggie said...

dr. kiesling once said that sometimes we feel like we can "outsin grace." which, of course, isn't true... but it feels like that sometimes, doesn't it. at least it does to me. because the sin is more apparent, it becomes easier to see... easier to trust in, yet grace is so much deeper, much more powerful. trusting that i am forgiven...that's been a hard one for me recently, but so good to think about.