Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's Raining Blood

Chapel was really good today at school. Shane Bernard (of Shane and Shane) led worship. This in and of itself was amazing=) Jd preached about humility and the "spirical" nature of worship. When he blessed the bread and the cup for communion, he had us raise our hands. Well, being an introvert, I sometimes get uncomfortable with people telling me how to worship. Something that I actually have thought a lot about and prayed a lot about in the past year is the idea of being free to worship. Worship is a form of freedom that we have here. At any rate, I stood there with my hands raised and in my mind I had this vision of Jesus' blood running down my fingertips and covering my arms. I felt the Spirit embrace me in that moment and I was filled with such a peace. What a powerful thing to know that I washed by the blood of Jesus!

Life is good right now- really good. Yes, I am a bit overwhelmed by my semester right now, but life is still good. I moved into my new apartment on Monday, which is such a blessing. I feel like I can relax after a tough summer. I have found myself in moments of complete gratitude for the friends I have and the people I am surrounded by. I am reminded daily of the love of my Savior. That love is expressed to me through my incredible, patient, caring boyfriend. Seriously, it is only by the power of Christ's love that David could possibly love me like he does=) I'm just full of joy right now=)

In Christ's Mercy.

1 comment:

David Wofford said...

...life in Christ is amazing! All the pain becomes secondary to the Peace of God through Christ! Amid much chaos, brokeness and displeasure surrounding many that we know, God delivers us from such stresses and tension-driven hassles of life; giving us windows of respite...

...You're in that window every time! I love you.