Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Butterfly Blessing

The afternoon before my granma died, my mom saw a huge, beautiful monarch butterfly flying around her car. It's not very often that you see this in Ct. When my mom told me this, I knew- don't know how, but I did- that my grandmother's time was coming. Apparently, people who have had very full, long lives have trouble "letting go" of their life. So when I heard about this butterfly, I just knew that things were ending and my grandma was going to be given new life. As sad as it was, that new life was the best thing for her. Her last week of life on this earth was not at all ideal.

I flew back into Kentucky yesterday. As I was sitting on the curb of the airport terminal, waiting for my ride, a huge monarch butterfly flew directly at me. I mean, I literally thought that it was going to fly right into my face. For about 10 minutes, it just flew around me. It's been a long time since I have seen a butterfly that big and that beautiful. Again, I thought of new life. This summer has worn me down emotionally, mentally, and in some ways spiritually as well. But, I finally feel like everything is being given some closure. Moving day is fast approaching. David comes back in 5 days. And I know that my grandma is finally at peace. As I watched this butterfly, I felt like God was reminding me that everyday He infuses me with new life.

Praise God for butterflies.

In His Mercy.

No comments: