Friday, January 26, 2007

Dreaming God's Dreams

After some discussions with Starr yesterday during lunch, I started thinking about what it means to let God dream in us.It's not that God needs our permission to be God, but I mean this more in the sense that we put up walls around our hearts by dreaming our own dreams for ourselves.In comparison, the dreams we dream for ourselves are so small.They pale in comparison to what God wants to do in us.I have all these visions of what I want my life to look like, what I want to accomplish. The problem here is the word, "I." Is this what God has dreamed for me or is this my own selfish desire to make life what I want it to be? God needs to be dreaming in me. His dreams are bigger and better and more wonderful than my own. What would my life look like if I "let" God unleash His power in me? What could be accomplished?

Isaiah 55:9 says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." The thing is, I may think I know what's best for me, but really it's God who knows best, just by the simple fact that He's God, and I'm not.If I don't let God dream in me,I'm going to get frustrated and I'm going to go into ministry on my own strength, which is the biggest mistake I could make.So this is my challenge to myself and to my brothers and sisters in Christ: let God dream in you! There's no telling what wondrous things He's waiting to do in us...

In His Mercy,
Sarah

No comments: