Tuesday, January 16, 2007

God's Faithfulness

God's faithfulness is something I come back to often.In comparison to life,God's faithfulness is striking.After last week,it's something that's been on my heart a lot recently.My week started off with getting sick early Sunday morning.This in turn made me homesick and exhausted.All week I felt on the outside of everything and tears came at the drop of a hat.One night I literally cried myself to sleep,wanting so much for God to come down and give me a hug and wipe the tears from my eyes.Friday rolled around and some things were said that were hurtful not only to me,but to my closest friends.This brought more tears and that point I wanted to throw my hands up and say, "I give."

But God is faithful.God answers prayer.I saw God moving in so many ways.God's faithfulness is amazing-think about it,no matter how crazy life gets, God is faithful.He can't not be faithful.Since becoming a Christian 7 years ago, I learn more and more as I grow in age and depth of faith what it means to rest in God, to completely trust that God's "got your back." And He does.He has NEVER let me down in any way, shape, or form. I'm not saying I have this Christianity thing down perfectly, because I don't.I mess up.I sin.I do stupid things.But God is faithful-His mercies are new every morning.God is steadfast and who He is stays the same.We sang this song in church on Sunday and I think it speaks to what is spinning around in my head right now:

Grace like Rain by Todd Agnew

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Chorus

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing
Your praise
Than when we first begun

A classic hymn with a contemporary twist.Do you believe these words? I do....

No comments: