Sunday, April 22, 2007

Emotions Gone Haywire

I think that being an emotional person is a gift from God. I've had people- in the past- tell me that I'm "too emotional." What exactly does this mean? That I can't control my emotions? That too much emotion is a bad thing? That God made a mistake when he made me emotional? I'll admit that there have been times when I've let my emotions get the best of me. If there is one thing that God has taught me about being emotional, it's that emotions can be used for good or evil. But really, God wants me to learn how to keep my emotions in check and use them for His glory.

That being said, I hereby confess that thursday's post was an example of a time when my emotions got the best of me. I used vagueness and anger to make myself feel better, but really I feel awful about the whole thing. So to the person that "sparked" that entry, I'm sorry.

I'm not sorry for being emotional, but I am sorry that I let my anger get the best of me, when all along God wants my best....

In His Mercy.

No comments: