Thursday, April 19, 2007

Great Jehovah

Guide me, o thou great Jehovah
Pilgrim through this barren land
I am weak, but thou art mighty
Hold me with thy powerful hand
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven
Feed me till I want no more, feed me till I want no more

Open now the crystal fountain
Whence the healing stream doth flow
Let the fire and cloudy pillar lead me all my journey through
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer
Be thou still my strength and shield, be thou still my strength and shield

When I tread the verge of Jordan
Bid my anxious fears subside
Death of death and hell's destruction
Land me safe on Canaan's side
Songs of praises, songs of praises
I will ever give to thee, I will ever give to thee


We sang this hymn last night during band practice at church. I love this hymn. It was another nudge from God that it's not about me, it's all about Him. Right now I'm angry. Maybe upset or hurt would be better, less harsh words. I'm just tired of being treated as if my thoughts and emotions don't matter. I'm tired of avoidance instead of confrontation. Is avoidance a lie? Because confrontation is the truth. I am weak, but my God is mighty and He is the strength inside of me. I see myself as a strong person because of the Lord inside of me. I can handle the truth because in the end, the truth is always better than a lie or avoidance- however you want to look at it.

I love this hymn because of its imagery: the crystal fountain, God as my strength and shield, feeding me the bread of heaven, being led by the fire and cloudy pillar....Whatever life throws at me, my God is bigger than that. Satan can't knock me down when I'm calling on the name of Jesus Christ.

Your love is all I need...

In His Mercy.

No comments: