Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Being Swept Away

So somehow I made it through 2 very tough weeks at school and have now enjoed the first half of my "Spring Break," which is actually reading week.Apparently in grad school breaks are not allowed.My parents have been here since thursday, which as been nice. Family is really important to me and I don't get to see them that often now that I'm living in Kentucky.

Mom and I sat in my kitchen today talking about dreaming and life. I found myself in tears. It's so easy to get caught up in what we "should" have, when all along God is providing for our deepest needs, even the needs that we don't perceive. One of my favorite Scripture passages is Isaiah 55. The first verse says, "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!" Everyday, our Lord invites us to stuff our faces with Him and drink deep of a well of Living Water.The fact is, I have everything I could possibly need and so much more.Yet my heart is crying out to be satisfied.

I listened to this awesome song called "Sweep Me Away" by Kari Jobe. One of the lines is "sweep me away in your love where nothing else matters." Nothing else matters save Jesus Christ! I want my life to mirror that. I'm not saying I think it's wrong to dream. I dream all the time. But at the end of the day, nothing else should matter but Jesus Christ in me.

Are you hungry? Are you thirsty? Then come, just as you are, and eat and drink from a banqueting table that will never be empty!!!

No comments: