Wednesday, June 6, 2007

C'est la Vie

I'll be honest, despite the negative in my life right now, I love my life. God has blessed me so abundantly. His grace has worked in me so much in these past 2 years in seminary. I've grown to love myself and embrace some sense of self-confidence. He's thrown me into a ministry that I love (Children's ministry at church- I absolutely love those kids), given me the motivation to put my heart into my school work, taught me in a tangible way what it means to rest in Him as His daughter, and blessed me with a man who cares about me more than I imagined anyone ever would- someone who sees me and fought to win my heart. I am so ridiculously happy and filled with joy.

But oh how quickly the devil is given a foothold. Spiritual warfare is so real. It doesn't take much to let Satan right in. I feel a bit of that warfare in my heart right now and I'm fighting it. In a perfect world, I'd be able to make everyone happy, be in two places at once, and know the right things to say at the right time. No opportunity would be wasted. But the world is not perfect and all I can do is keep calling on Jesus Christ and trusting that He will deliver me.

In His Mercy...

No comments: