Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Love

In my UM Theology class this morning we talked about love. We talked about how true, sacrificial love is a reward in and of itself. Sacrificial love actually hates recognition. It reminded me of a friend of mine's sermon in chapel last year. She talked about how it is impossible to truly love other people with human love. Human love is so limited and in a sense, an illusion because it runs out. It only loves when the person FEELS like loving. But true, godly love never runs out. It loves depsite emotions. It loves selflessly, not expecting anything in return. Because God IS love, it just can't run out. When we love others with the love of the Lord, it is essentially perfect love; it is love being drawn from a fount that will never "run out" of love. What an amazing thing to think about!

And speaking of love....I have to say it...I am in love and I want the whole world to know! I am so full of happiness and joy and thankfulness to the Lord for providing for me! I love you, David Anthony Wofford!!!! And I don't care who knows it;-)

No comments: