Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Will Wait

I had a very vivid dream the other night that struck fear in me. I forced myself to wake up and then felt too anxious to go back to sleep; I was afraid of having the same dream over again. After thinking about it all day yesterday and talking about it at leangth with David, one word sums up the dream: anxiety. I don't think the dream was from the Lord, but rather an act of Satan, warring against the goodness of the Lord in my life. Regardless of the message of the dream, David was right in saying that I need to receive God's peace in this. There's a lot of things tht my mind races around, but I see now that I need to stop.....and wait.

I was listening to Jason Upton- he has a song called "I will Wait." This verse got to me: An evil army's all around me/ another wall that's in my way/ but I believe the Word you promised me/ So I will wait another day. What is this word exactly? "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength (Isaiah 30:15)." In the Christian walk, there seems to be a great tension between receiving and trying to earn our salvation, or deliverance, or blessings. The fact is, we can't earn anything from God. He owes us nothing, but we owe Him everything. But it is in our repentance, rest, quietness, and trust that we receive strength and salvation from the Lord. God has promised us HIs peace and deliverance, but we need to wait for it. How ironic is it that it is in rest and quietness that we receive? Aren't those the very things that are "dis-valued" by this world?

Somehow we must push past these tensions and wait on the Lord. He has promised us and He will follow through.

I will wait for you, Lord....

In YOUR Mercy....

No comments: