Saturday, August 25, 2007

Learning to Breathe

This past week has been draining in many ways. Monday was the private burial and memorial service for my grandmother. It was a whirlwind of emotion and many tears. It was definitely strange to see the casket, ready to be lowered into the ground next to my grandfather. It brought back memories of being 7 years old, trying to comprehend that my grandfather was buried under the mound of flowers and dirt that I stood by.

Then David came here tuesday to meet the family- he passed the test=) And it was so nice to spend some time with him here in CT. We went to Boston, played mini-golf, met some family friends, and drank Dunkin Donuts coffee. Life was good.

Today we finished cleaning out my grandmother's apartment and now finally, I am able to just sit and relax. Isn't that what's supposed to happen on a "vacation"?

It seems like everything is coming together now. The stream in the desert is in sight. The hard part with grandma is over. I'll be moving this week into my new apartment and in one more week, David and I will be together again! I am more than grateful that this summer is almost over. It's been trying, and even though I have yet to figure this out, I know that God was forming me and growing me somehow. I trust that that will be revealed in the future! But for now- it's done and over with and I am still in one piece=)

In His Mercy.

1 comment:

David Wofford said...

we made it to the fall!!! now if it would cool off some...sheesh! mMM, Dunkin' Donuts!