Thursday, August 2, 2007

Tiny Dancer

To me this summer has been about being stuck in a place I don't want to be. It's amazing how being in a relationship can reveal things to yourself that maybe you don't want to see. For instance, I always knew I was an impatient person, but I see it even more so now. My impatience seems to be springing from feeling stuck in Wilmore in a house that has lost its charm to me, when the man I love is 6 hours away from me. and the thing is, I am obviously where God wants me to be and David and is where he needs to be and we are where we need to be. If that wasn't the case, God would have provided a different path for us. So how do I deal with the tension of knowing things are how they should be and being impatient with where I am right now and where David and I are???

Maybe it's time to do some serious reflecting and processing. There is always something to be learned. I long for a new phase to come- one where I can move into my new apartment and get a fresh start. But, somehow I need to figure out how to accept where I am right now. The Lord always has a better plan than I do; maybe I just haven't taken the time to seek what that plan and purpose was and still is for this summer.

So to those I've hurt along the way- I am sorry.Please join me in my quest to seek the Lord's purpose in all this....

1 comment:

maggie said...

i'm glad you're where you are right now! just know that sometimes God has us wait... sometimes He has us move forward. and sometimes a little of both. you are beautiful, my friend.... your heart is seeking after God, and that is a glorious thing.