Saturday, August 4, 2007

Sweet Mercies

In my grumblings of the woes of summers in Wilmore, I woke up this morning with a renewed sense of hope and joy in my heart. It's situations like the one I am in where God is preparing to do something amazing and I woke up this morning with an excitement in my heart to see what that is! It's in Isaiah 43 where God says "See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." I guess- in all honesty- I have felt in these recent weeks that my heart is a spiritual desert right now. I'm waiting to be fed, because I'm hungry and the good Lord knows I am at a loss right now. I have no idea what he wants to do with me right now, but I'm here waiting. And I know without a doubt that God is doing a new thing in my life-even now. And he will continue to do a new thing in me and one day, when I'm not even expecting it, He's going to reveal to me what's going on. I will be given a new understanding and I'll be able to see the way in the desert and drink from the stream in the wasteland.

I am so grateful for the Lord's sweet mercies and I rest in the promise that every morning holds. See, the Lord is doing a new thing! Do you not perceive it????

In His Mercy.

No comments: