Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Rollercoaster of all Rollercoasters

So I spent about a week waiting for something to happen- waiting for something to DO in this "quaint" little town of Wilmore. Well, ya know the old saying, 'be careful what you wish for'? It's true. Be careful what you wish for. I went home this past week because of less than ideal circumstances. I've spent the summer going through box of Kleenex after box of Kleenex and it all culminated in a memorable moment this past week.

It's a humbling thing to see the cycle of life played out before your eyes. To hold a baby in your arms on the one hand and to have to help your grandmother get up off the couch on the other hand is two sides to the same coin. Life is framed with dependency on other people to get by. If only everyone were blessed enough to have people by their side right up to the very last moments.

I go home in another week- as originally scheduled and planned. And let me tell you, the circumstances will be even less ideal by that time. This all began on Easter Sunday when the whole situation hit me like a ton of bricks. The Lord sent me David just 5 days later. It looks like by next weekend, it will all be over and lo and behold, David will be by my side just in time. The Lord certainly knows what He's doing- tears and pain and all.

I'm feeling overwhelmed, yet completely dried out at the same time. I have no idea what to think or feel or say...But I do know that I am grateful that I do not have to walk this path alone...

In His Mercy.

No comments: