Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cloud of Witness

So on thursday, our chapel service at school honored All Saints Day.As part of the service, they have us all stand in memory of alumni who have passed on. Then they have all of us sit and those who have lost loved ones in the past year have the opportunity to stand and honor their lives. My first two years here, I have to confess, my heart was not "in" this. My mind would wander and it almost didn't make sense to me. But this year I stood in honor of my grandmother who passed away on August 17th. As soon I stood, I started to cry tears that I didn't know I had. Suddenly it all made sense to me. My grandmother was an amazing woman of God. She was so full of love and faith in Jesus and she has now joined the great cloud of witnesses that Hebrews 12 talks about: "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." My grandmother has run the race and I have to believe that she is cheering me on each day as I run my own race towards Jesus Christ.


I feel like God has given me water to drink. I sat at the rail today in church and just breathed a breath of life. There is so much going on that wants to suffocate me and take away God's presence, but I can't let that happen. For the first time in months, I actually can see the edges of the wilderness. I'm making my way out and God is offering me the Water of Life. So I'm drinking it up and it is GOOD!!!!

In His Mercy.

No comments: