Monday, November 5, 2007

Dreaming

So yesterday in church the sermon was on prayer. One thing that really spoke to me was how when we can't sleep, we should pray because maybe God has something to tell us. I went to bed last night with a million things zooming through my mind. So of course, the tossing and turning ensued pretty quickly. So I prayed. I asked God to reveal to me the things I was seeking after. I asked him to help me get through the rest of this semester and to help me balance my time bettter. I don't remember actually ending that prayer, so I guess the Lord granted me sleep. So....I prayed my way to sleep. I prayed for the stress to be lifted, and what happened you may ask? I dreamed of my stress. I dreamed that all of the free time I had and all the mornings I had to sleep in were gone. People (that I don't even know) kept calling me and asking me to babysit and I just kept saying yes. The part of me that figured out I was dreaming kept screaming to me "nooooo! Stop saying yes!!!" So what do I do with this? I prayed myself to sleep after asking the Lord to relieve me of my stress, and I dreamt of stress. Not exactly settling. I don't quite know what to make of it all. I mean really, it almost seems cruel to me.

But yet somehow there is still this central part of my life. It's the eye of the storm that the Lord keeps bringing me back to. Even when I feel like I'm getting swept away in everything else, God whispers to me, "I am your center. I am all you need. More than you could ever want. I'm your supply. I'm your life. More awesome than your finite mind cn even wrap itself around." So at least I can say that my center is still there and I can recognize it. And even though the end of this semester will be bitter-sweet, I look forward to being able to fill the prescription Aaron gave me: read fluffy books, watch movies, and stay in my pajamas most of the day. 5 more weeks....

In His Mercy.

No comments: