Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dancing

First off, go to the myspace homepage, click on the music option, do a search for the indie artist Elisa, and listen to the song "Dancing" on her page. It's incredible. It gave me goosebumps. It's amazing how music can have such an effect on people...But yeah, not why I'm writing...

Yesterday in my moral development, an Augustine quote came up in conversation. It goes something like, "Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in You." I love this quote. I had to read the source this came from in Church History and I remember stopping and re-reading the quote several times. It's hard to imagine what it would be like to go back to when I didn't know he Lord. There's no way I could do it. I have tasted and seen how good the Lord is and there is no way I could live my life apart from Him. Without Him in my life, I would be a wanderer, with no place to go. No vision. No direction. No rest. But my heart has found rest in the Lord and that is such an amazing comfort.

Life is good. The semester is nearing a close, which is a blessing. God is certainly moving and answering prayers. David and I had an amazing conversation that just brought such joy to my heart. I almost can't believe the blessings in my life. I'm overwhelmed by God's faithfulness in providing for me exactly what I need when I need it.

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above...."

In His Mercy.

No comments: